Why So Superior?
The Q8x's superior performance is due to the linear frequency response of its dynamic neodymium element. The response is flat with a slight boost around 8 kHz. This makes fitting vocals into live mixes extremely easy with minimal EQ adjustments. The microphone also features a supercardioid polar pattern with excellent off-axis rejection. This allows the Q8x to capture all the nuances of a performance with maximum volume and clarity, while reducing feedback and unwanted signals from outside the front of the mic. In addition, a high-saturation audio transformer further reduces hum and noise.
Not Just for Vocals
The Q8x is not only a great live vocal microphone. It's also an extremely versatile tool in the studio, perfect for a wide range of recording applications. Able to withstand high sound pressure levels up to 150 dB SPL, the Q8x makes vocals sound huge and crystal clear, but it can also handle close miking of instruments such as piercing snare drums, screaming guitar cabinets, and more.
Question the Status Quo
With a rugged die-cast body and hardened steel grille, and an improved pneumatic capsule shock mount to minimize handling noise, the Q8x provides reliable performance in the most demanding environments.
Features / Specs
- Premium dynamic vocal microphone with exceptional mid-range clarity
- Neodymium dynamic mic element for wide dynamic range
- High output, low impedance design
- Supercardioid pickup pattern with excellent off-axis rejection
- High saturation level audio transformer rejects hum/noise
- Smooth, flat frequency response of 50Hz–16kHz
- Handles high SPLs of up to 150dB for close miking situations
- Improved pneumatic capsule shockmount minimizes handling noise
- Rugged die cast body, hardened steel grille
- Includes mic clip and zipper pouch
|50 Hz – 16 kHz
|300 ohms balanced (low-Z)
|-54 dBV/Pa (2.5 mV/Pa)
|150 dB SPL
|Positive pressure on diaphragm causes positive voltage on pin 2 ref. Pin 3
|Mic clip, zipper pouch
|7.09” x 2.125” / 180mm x 54mm
|0.97lb / 0.44kg
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov